A Note from Our Webmaster - Nanci Wallace (me).
I sent this out to all of our Pastors but am hoping you all can help as well.
Please forgive the mass email, it's faster and I'm limited on time today.
As most, if not all, of you know, I am the new webmaster for the Rio Grande Mission Center website. If you haven't yet, check it out at www.rgcofc.com
I am sending out a plea to all of you for information about your congregations. I am specifically looking for things like (but definitely not limited to):
- Photographs - events and activities, people based as well as church grounds - all of the congregations have beautiful buildings, both inside and out, and you all do phenomenal things worthy of being photographed. I'm looking for candid, cell phone shots - not anything professional. Relaxed, reverent, fun, and thought provoking
- Events - when are your services? Do you have a sewing circle that is open if someone wants to come check us out? I know Juan Tabo does. When do you have your potlucks? Are you having a special event - a baby blessing, garage sale to raise funds for the homeless, participating in a 5K run to help raise money to buy Sunday School books for the kids?
- Tell me something special about your congregation - is it located in a pecan orchard or is the building 300 years old and have an interesting history? What do you offer that is unique and different from the other churches in your area? Nothing is insignificant - you never know what piece of information may cause someone to walk through your doors that has never been there.
- Stories - did someone in your congregation do something really cool like climb the Eiffel Tower in the dark, or win an award for being best student? Has someone been trying to learn piano and is making wonderful progress?
- What is your background? How did you end up being pastor, tell me your journey please (in addition to the fact that I am interested, an outsider may be interested as well).
Now is the time to brag and brag big!! I am proud of all you, now be proud of yourselves and allow Carol and I to show you off a bit. I promise to let you know when I post something you send me so you can tell your congregations and help spread the news. Do you have an open Facebook group or page? If so, please provide me with the contact person's email so I can share the information with them as well.
I know this is a lot, and I don't need all of it at once, but any help you can provide would be really appreciated. Oh, and just so you know, I WILL pester all of you monthly until you send me something though I promise to be nice about it - so expect to be totally annoyed with me.
Thank you all in advance for the work that you do, for being willing to help Carol and I (remember, Carol does the newsletter and needs information as well - we will be sharing!!), and for your dedication to bringing people to Christ and helping people grow and understand their personal journeys with Him.
Please feel free to call me directly if you wish to talk over the phone about any of this
Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Nanci Wallace, Webmaster
Rio Grande Mission Center